Last Updated April 15th, 2020
We provide the Truckers Network to you (as described in the applicable Terms of Service), including through our website located at www.truckersnetwork.com (the “Site”), and through mobile applications and related services (collectively, such services, applications and Site, and any new features thereof the “Service(s)”). Capitalized terms used herein but not defined shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the applicable Terms of Service.
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data You Provide: We collect Personal Data when you register for an account, visit the Site or use the Services (including reviewing a Listing, accepting or rejecting an Offer, or communicating with other users including Employers). The Personal Data collected during these interactions may include:
Identification Information: your name, email address, telephone number, your account information (username and password), your date of birth, your state of residence, your driver’s license information, your work and educational experience, licensure/certification, employment information, criminal history and other background information, and other information you share via the Service, in each case only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Personal Data We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Service: When you visit, use and interact with the Service, we may receive and store certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you use the Service (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Service.
- Device Data: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Data: We collect information about how you use our Service, how you visit the Site, (if you are a Driver) how your Score is shared, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
- Geolocation Data: We collect your location information through the Service using your device IP address, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude/longitude) of your mobile device. If you have given permission to access your location, we may collect your device’s location even if you are not using the Service and store your location history. If you want to opt-out of the collection of your location data, please adjust your settings in your mobile device to limit access to your location data.
Your Choices. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service and to share relevant information with Employers if you apply for a Listing;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Data to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails and/or text messages you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us at . If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your Personal Data.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. DATA RETENTION
5. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Please log in to your account or contact us at [email protected] if you need to change or correct your Personal Data.
6. AGE RESTRICTIONS
Our Service is not directed to individuals who are under the age of 18. Company does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Company through the Service please contact us at [email protected] and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Company via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
9. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
11. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Collection, Disclosure, and Use of Personal Data: The categories of Personal Data we have collected in the preceding twelve months are described above in the “Personal Data We Collect” section. In the preceding twelve months, we have disclosed for business purposes each of the categories identified in that section to the third parties identified in the “Sharing And Disclosure Of Personal Data” section. The business and commercial purposes for collecting Personal Data are described in the “How We Use Personal Data” section. We collect Personal Data directly from you and from your use of the Service.
Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, you may have the following rights, where applicable and subject to any applicable exceptions:
- To know the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your personal information and the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- To access the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you;
- To know whether we have sold or disclosed your personal information for business purposes, the categories of information so sold or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data;
- To have us, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Data; and
- To be free from discrimination related to your exercise of your privacy rights.
We do not sell your Personal Data.
Exercising Your Rights: California residents can exercise the above privacy rights by emailing us at [email protected] or calling us at (855) 534-0160.
Verification: In order to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your login credentials (to the extent you have created an account to use the Services) or by other means before you can submit a request to know or delete Personal Data. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Data for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your Personal Data.
Authorized Agents: You may submit a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Data through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us.
12. CONTACT US
500 Davis Street
Evanston, Illinois 60201